Office of Student Activities
Student Activities are a necessary part of learning “outside of the classroom” in the completion of each student’s educational and personal growth. Programs, services and hands-on experiences are planned with sufficient variety and provide an opportunity for all to participate.
All officially recognized clubs and organizations that have been approved by Associated Students at Fullerton College must abide by the policies, procedures, and guidelines of Associated Students (A.S.), Fullerton College, and the North Orange County Community College District (NOCCCD), including the Standards of Student Conduct and Discipline. Student clubs and organizations are subject to the approval, guidance, and regulation of the Associated Students of Fullerton College.
Clubs and organizations shall be recognized as authorized club/organization (official name) providing that they confirm to the following conditions:
- Are composed entirely of currently enrolled students of the college;
- Have advisors (Fullerton College faculty, staff or managers) approved by the Director of Student Activities;
- Hold the majority of their meetings at the College during regular campus hours unless otherwise approved by the club advisor(s);
- Select members without discrimination nor preference to any person(s) on the basis of gender, sex, sexual orientation, physical disabilities, age, marital status, financial status, ethnicity, race, ancestry, national origin, health, religious creed or the lack thereof;
- Establish goals which are educational and compatible with the college and/or community interest;
- Have written a constitution approved by the Associated Students Senate.
Upon verification of the conformity to the conditions listed above, club/organization may receive official authorization from the Associated Students. Once officially recognized, club/organization shall comply with the following conditions:
- The approved constitution and lists of current officers and members shall be on file with the Office of Student Activities;
- An approved advisor shall attend or keep abreast of and be responsible for official meetings;
- All receipts and expenditures shall be handled in accordance with the Financial Code of the Associated Students Constitution and be subject to the accounting of the campus Bursar’s Office;
- The program of activities, both on and off campus, shall be cleared in advance with the Advisor and the Office of Student Activities;
- Clubs have the responsibility to comply and adhere to campus policies relating to publicity, distribution of material, circulation of petitions, use of forum area for speakers and use of facilities. Clubs shall complete the appropriate forms through the Office of Student Activities;
- Exploitation of club/organization name, College or District shall not be permitted;
- No hazing activities as defined by the California Education Code shall be practiced by any organization or its members.